Tuesday, October 26, 2010

Black-Eyed Peas and Liquid Smoke

I have decided that one of the best food combinations ever is black-eyes peas and liquid smoke. Here's my latest soup with these scrumptious ingredients.

Mix together in soup pot:

  • 4 cups water
  • Not-chicken broth cubes (appropriate amt for 4 cups water)
  • 1 can diced tomatoes (mine happened to be italian style, and I did not drain them)
  • 24 ounces mixed frozen veggies (I used green beans, broccoli, cauliflower, and carrots)
  • 1 can black-eyed peas
  • Onion powder (1-2 tsps?)
  • Basil, oregano, and parsley (1/2 - 1 tbsp each?)
  • Lots of minced garlic (4-6 cloves)
  • 1 tsp liquid smoke
  • About 3/4 cup quinoa
Bring to boil, then reduce to simmer. Cover loosely and simmer for about 15 minutes.

1 comment:

Erik said...

Oooo, that sounds so very, very good.

I wonder if smoked salt would have similar effects.