Saturday, September 12, 2009

The Purr

The other day, I did 15 minutes of yoga after my walk. I ended with shavasana (corpse pose), where you lie on your back and relax everything. (Aside: it's really cool. I can feel my energy pulsing all around me. I keep waiting for someone to tell me I'm glowing while I do it. :-) )

During my yoga time, Mushroom (my little black cat) was rubbing all over me, standing up against me -- basically doing everything she could to get my attention (and she's typically one of those aloof cats who will only deign to let her pet you). So when I did shavasana, lying there on my back, she climbed up on me and lay down on my chest, her tail at my pelvis and head at my neck.

And she was purring. Not so you could hear, but I could Feel* it in my chest. It was such a magical feeling, this rumbly purr echoing from her to me. It made me feel so connected to this other creature, so connected to life. It was wonderful.

* I did not intend to capitalize this, but decided it was appropriate.

No comments: