Sunday, February 1, 2009

Dragon Update


In a last-ditch (and reluctant -- I only did it because I felt sorry for the people who must be missing Dragon) effort to find Dragon's owners, I took him to our vet to see if he had a microchip. I figured declawed, neutered, and in great shape (clean ears!) that there was a good chance.

The vet tech at the office said that it's rare for a cat to be chipped, but when she ran the little chip reader over him, it turned out he did have one. (While she was writing down the number, he escaped and went gallumphing around the office. But then, what safer place to escape in than a vet's office?)

Unfortunately, the chip wasn't registered, so she gave me the name and number of the place that had inserted the chip. When I called them, the woman on the line had me read the number twice. Then she said, "Well, this says he's a dog." Hm. I said back to her, "No, he is most certainly not a dog." (She did not laugh. I thought it was funny. Go figure.) A moment of silence and then she says, "Well. I don't know what to do now."

So we kept the cat. Decided he was sent to us to fill the cat space left in our hearts when Mannan died.

No comments: