Sunday, December 27, 2009

Toilet paper


For many years now, I have had a paranoia about running out of toilet paper. We get down to about 5 rolls, and I panic and immediately run to the nearest store to buy a 24 pack of Quilted Northern. (They're double rolls, so that's actually 48.) Then I feel good.

It is ironic, then, that I somehow lost track of how much toilet paper was in the house when the blizzard came. I thought we had several rolls in the kids' bathroom. We didn't. So here we have been stuck in the house for 3 days ... and we have 1 roll of toilet paper. Just 1.

I decided to ration water and food. If we don't consume anything, there will be nothing to come out, so that 1 lone roll of toilet paper will last much longer. It seemed a perfectly resonable solution to me.

Aaron decided to go dig his car out.

3 comments:

Zabrina said...

I have the exact same phobia! It must be something from our childhood. For me it's toilet paper AND paper towels (I've found these two phobias to work well together, for as long as you have one, you can at least get by a little while without the other). Maybe you should look into cultivating a paper towel neurosis as well.

Anonymous said...

haha, I'm the same way too! I usually let it get down to two rolls, but there are only two of us living here... Glad you got your blizzard though! :)

Caitlin said...

So you finally got snow! Yay! I don't think I have the same paranoia about TP, but then again at our last house we bought a huge thing at costco and it lasted us July-May so I never had to worry. But that was also when Chase and I were working full-time and were hardly home.